Copyright and Content Ownership…
Here’s the simple version. You own your data, but you agree to let us use it indefinitely on this website/app and in any other media formats. 1. You may only upload content (for example, any material such as text, and photos) to the apps which you have the authorised use of. As the owner of your username, you are responsible for all content posted under your name. 2. You remain the copyright holder of all content that you upload to Outback Touring however:
- You grant Outback Touring and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, communicate, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- You grant Outback Touring and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use your name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. Otherwise, you agree not to assert any rights you may have (a) to be attributed as the author of content, or (b) where we may (sometimes, if necessary) change the content you submit without your permission.
- You acknowledge that the other content on the web site is owned or licensed by us, and that the compilation of all content on this site and surrounding graphics, logos, buttons, icons, and images is our exclusive property and protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All software used on this site/app is our property or the property of Outback Touring and protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
You agree to…
Stuff we’re not responsible for…
1. If you do something strange, stupid, negligent, illegal or just unsettling on our site, we can’t be held responsible if you or others lose cash, profit, revenue, goodwill or your good reputation. We don’t accept liability for any defects which may exist or for any economic losses (including loss of revenues or profits), loss of goodwill or reputation or any special, indirect or consequential losses you may suffer which arise from your use of the website/app or your inability to access the site. 2. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on our website/app. We are not responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Your actions are your responsibility. 3. You should always keep an original copy of stuff you post on the site/app. We cannot guarantee the Outback Touring community will operate continuously or without defect and we are not responsible if the stuff you post on the site gets lost, deleted, altered or even if you lose access to anything included in the web site so we strongly encourage you to create a backup copy.
Limitations On Damages…
IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTBACK TOURING PTY LTD OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE APP SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES CONNECTED WITH OR CONSISTING OF LOST PROFITS, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR FILES, LOSS OF GOODWILL, CONSOLE, COMPUTER OR HANDHELD DEVICE FAILURE, ERRORS AND LOST BUSINESS OR OTHER INFORMATION AS A RESULT OF POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAME SOFTWARE, OR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF OUTBACK TOURING PTY LTD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. FURTHERMORE, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTBACK TOURING PTY LTD OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. OUTBACK TOURING PTY LTD TOTAL LIABILITY IN ALL CASES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID FOR THE APP SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING APPLIES EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Navigation Apps Remember for safety sake – do not adjust the settings on this app while driving. The iPad version is perfect for the passenger ‘navigator’. Position your device safely, out of the way of airbags and not obstructing the drivers vision. You are responsible for ensuring the road is safe to travel on. We do not accept responsibility for errors generated by unreported road works or the weather. You assume total responsibility and risk for using this satellite navigation app. Please note that as with all navigation apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery faster than normal.
The information provided within the app is derived from multiple sources including Government agencies, Transport Authorities and Forestry and National Parks administrators. Much of it also comes from private individuals and extensive web searching.
While Outback Touring Pty Ltd endeavours to authenticate and verify the information contained within the app, we explicitly disclaim any representations and warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the app and the data and descriptive information. The end user assumes the entire risk as to the quality of the data.
Before relying on the information in the apps, users should carefully evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes, and should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
Many of the locations contained within the free camping map are remote and isolated and may traverse desert regions. Travellers should research any destination carefully and ensure that their vehicle is appropriate for travelling to that particular destination and that their preparations and supplies are adequate for the environment.
Careful attention should be paid to the intended terrain and in particular, the need for a four wheel drive vehicle and additional fuel.
Where a water supply is shown to be available at a specific location it should be assumed that it may not be fit for drinking. Water taken from tanks, taps, wells, troughs, windmills and other non-regulated sources should be assumed to be rancid, and if consumption is unavoidable, then it should be boiled for ten minutes prior to drinking.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a support request or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our apps, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number or Van Rego Number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
– To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
– To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), our policy is located at .
Your Consent By using our apps, you consent to our policy.
Changes to our Policies…